View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Charter Member

Stupid Republican Hyperbole of the Day

Call in the allies! Break out the rationing coupons! Start booking the Squirrel Nut Zippers!

WORLD WAR III IS COMING!

Quote:
Texas Sen. John Cornyn is threatening “World War III” if Democrats try to seat Al Franken in the Senate before Norm Coleman can pursue his case through the federal courts.

Cornyn, the chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, acknowledges that a federal challenge to November’s elections could take “years” to resolve. But he’s adamant that Coleman deserves that chance — even if it means Minnesota is short a senator for the duration.

A three-judge panel is expected to rule any day now on legal challenges to the November election.

Sen. Charles Schumer, the New York Democrat in charge of the Senate Rules and Administration Committee, says that Minnesota gets its second senator as soon as the state case ends.
Boy, I'm getting the vague idea that Republicans really do not want Franken in the Senate, do they? If a Democrat were this obstructionist you'd hear the screaming of Republicans all the way to Mars.

This happened yesterday but it qualifies:

Michael Steel to Obama: "I'm done" [reaching out to you]

Transcript from CNN interview:

Quote:
STEELE: Look, I like the president personally, even though I think he has got a little thing about me, that I haven't quite figured out what that is.

CNN: You haven't spoken to him?
STEELE: No.

CNN: You've reach out?
STEELE: Several times, and I'm done.

CNN: So there is no bipartisanship going on there?
STEELE: Not, not that I know of.

CNN: Is there any professional jealousy?
STEELE: Not on my part. What would I be jealous of?

CNN: He's the president of the United States.
STEELE: I'm chairman of the RNC, so, what's your point? We both have leadership responsibilities and roles. I'm not equating the two. My point is: you are on your track. I'm on my track. You do your thing. I do my thing.
Like President Obama gives a shit what Steele thinks. Who does this twerp think he is? Is he taking cues from Howard Dean and Bush's close, bi-partisan relationship when Dean headed the DNC?

Last edited by Equipoise; 03-30-2009 at 02:07 PM.