View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
I think that's doomed by the placement of the second semicolon in the first paragraph of Article IV, Section 3:

Of course, once California and Nevada did a deal like that, there'd be nothing to stop other pairs or clusters of states, no matter how small, from doing the same thing. The Dakotas could collaborate to turn themselves into a whole bunch of smaller states, and next thing you know, the flag would have to have hundreds of white stars in that blue field.
I don't know how Scotus would rule on that semicolon — a case has been made to partially invalidate the 2nd Amendment based on a smudge that looks like a comma! (My best solution to the Axis of Evil on Scotus would draw a Warning.)

But the Dakotas would not be able to gerrymander themselves unless the R's got control of both Congressional houses.

Is my proposal "partisan?" Sure! Criminals have taken over the GOP and have declared War. It's foolish for Americans to ignore that fact. It's a delusion to imagine that "playing fair" has any merit in this subverted former Republic. Restore Democracy by whatever means necessary. Then we can talk about fairness.

Last edited by septimus; 06-02-2019 at 06:49 AM.