View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Arachnid_Laser View Post
Right. So if you, for instance, made a song, and some rapper or EDM Dj took a riff from it and made another song with it, without giving you any credit, let alone any part of the royalties, you would be fine with that.
If what they took was equivalent to what Perry et al "took"? I'd be perfectly fine with that. I mean it all depends on how much they've taken or sampled. Bits and pieces? No problem. Bigger slices? I might want a small share of the credits. Really big pieces would mean a bigger share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
Sasmpling is theft; this was settled in the late '80s/early '90s. In most cases that are settled
We need to reopen this discussion. The law has gone too far here. We could never get a masterpiece like Paul's Boutique today with the current laws. It's at the point where it hampers creativity.

Quote:
That's a terrible metric to use to determine whether or not something is okay; would you like a list of things that were or have been going on for hundreds or thousands of years that are objectionable today?
Not really, no. I think it's been a great thing that this has been happening for thousands of years. It's a good thing.

Quote:
Go dig up Greg Ham and ask him about that kind of thing.
Don't really care what Greg Ham thinks. Or would've thought.