View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 08:35 AM

I perceive Christian in more of a negative light because I've had more negative experiences with it than with other religions. Buddhist, Muslim, and Jewish proselytizers have never interrupted my weekend. And they don't litter my front porch with pamphlets. Members of other religions have never smugly condemned me to hell or preached to me sanctimoniously about what I'm doing wrong in my life. Members of other religions don't find it necessarily to inserts references to their religious beliefs in everyday discussions and debates. (I had a woman the other day tell me that of course psychics are real, because they are mentioned in the Bible.) And currently, it's only Christians who are trying to turn the US into a theocracy. Of course not all Christians are behind this, but it is undeniable that this is a Christian-driven movement.

However, I have no doubt that if another religion was the numerical majority and I had been force-fed it during my formative years, I would have a problem with it as well.