View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
Is it? What if the 95th percentile outcome for their illness and present stage is 1 week to live? Or 1 month? You're trading off a small amount of remaining lifespan where the person is probably in a lot of pain and fear for a non zero positive outcome.

I mean, there's no negative outcome. If the cost to freeze them and for 300 years of coolant is less than the cost of 1 week of ICU care and the cost of a funeral, then you're ahead financially*. Even if you can't ever revive them in 300 years, it's still a positive EV, and you measure the chance that you can revive them times the utility if you succeed, and that's obviously a large positive number, however you weight it.

*the coolant is about $1000 a decade, $10k is a century, and that neglects the fact that you could invest money at 1% interest to pay for coolant next century.

There are also site and security costs, but you could easily put a million patients per underground complex and thus get the cost down considerably.
Even if your best outcome is possible, I still haven't seen you show any reason to believe that anyone 300 years from now will want to to revive, say, me. (And why I should assume they would for noble purposes and not, again say, to make me into a robot sex slave with a "real people personality"!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelA View Post
{...} and there are like 10 other morons in here who keep just parroting random shit and who don't take the argument seriously. {...}
We're taking this pitting very seriously . . . it just that you, and others, are ruining this pitting by allowing you to turn it into yet another "debate" with YOU!

CMC fnord!