View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
Exactly! Especially and "specifically" political speech. That means it was intended to protect political speech specifically and it says nothing one way or the other about other types of speech or other types of expression. The deceit that it does is a liberal invention.
Could you point out to me where it says that, in bold, if you would?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

I don't see the word "political" in there at all, SA. As a matter of fact, I don't see ANY adjectives modifying the word "speech". Surely you're not inventing it or inserting it deceitfully--that'd be frighteningly LIBERAL of you--so if you'd be so kind as to bold it and/or underline. My lying liberal eyes, naturally, must be shielding me from it.

'Luci, you're welcome to try too, since you appear to be going for some kind of appeasement strategy to get him down a different alley.

Last edited by Zeriel; 04-26-2011 at 07:03 PM.