View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
I don't think I said any of this.

I said that you drove people on the fence to the other side of the fence. It is your fault that Trump won.
And this remains total nonsense. People largely voted for Trump because they wanted to vote for Trump or because they believed the firehose of bullshit the right have been spraying at Clinton for two decades, not because Hillary was mean to them. Oh, some people whined about being called "deplorables" but those people were never going to vote for Hillary. This idea that if only the Democrats had been a bit nicer Trump would have lost is ludicrous.

Quote:
I remember when John McCain was the worst person in the world according to Democrats. I chimed in too because I really wanted Obama to win and every little thing McCain did was amplified and magnified until he we reached maximum outrage. Then Mitt Romney was the worst person in the world. I still remember how Romney was an unfit POTUS because his dog shit himself in a car roof rack.
I'm sure that's how you remember it. Of course, I remember a lot of Democrats saying positive things about McCain, at least until he saddled himself with a grossly unqualified running mate. And even then, he wasn't considered "the worst person in the world" - that's entirely your hyperbole. And while Romney was a rich, entitled asshole who insulted half the population (which did drive some undecided people to vote for Obama), deeply embarrassed himself abroad and, yes, bragged about animal cruelty, that didn't make him the "worst person in the world" either. Again, that's your hyperbole.

Heck, I don't even think Trump is the "worst person in the world". He's certainly a terrible person by all sorts of metrics and I'm guessing in the end he'll give Buchanan a run for his money in the "worst president" rankings but there are far worse people in the world, including several of the people Trump has openly expressed admiration for.

Quote:
Its just poliitics. Both sides actually do it.

Yes exactly. Just like both sides in a war vilify their enemy, both sides vilify the other side, at least these days. It wasn't always this way.
Way to completely ignore my point.

Quote:
Are you sure it wasn't because the seminal SCOTUS case that declared Voter ID constitutional was published in 2008?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawfo...Election_Board
That gave them to the power to do it. That's not what drove Republican voters to push for implementation of voter ID under the assumption that the only way Democrats - and particularly a black guy - win elections is by cheating.

Quote:
First, I'm not a conservative except by the grossly distorted yardstick of this board.
No, but you expend every effort to build liberal strawmen so you can knock them down and you have shown no qualms about repeating right-wing memes and propaganda.

Quote:
Second, its not plain speaking to refer to something in the most offensive way possible.
Oh, but that's the whole point of that argument - have you not been paying attention? It's dragged out to excuse assholes being assholes, often by the assholes themselves. And anyone offended by the "plain speaking" is a "snowflake". It gets used as an excuse quite a lot.

Quote:
Its not honest to refer to the instinctive defensiveness whites feel when discussing racism as white fragility. Its not particularly descriptive or helpful.
It's both honest and accurate, as your own description of these people reflects.

Quote:
Because of course Democrats never engage in deceptive misinformation campaigns. Democrats lie just as easily as Republicans if it suits their purposes.
This is like saying "Democrats break the speed limit, Republicans break the speed limit through elementary school playgrounds - they're exactly the same!". It is an argument deliberately designed to handwave away the significant differences of degree, frequency and impact.

Quote:
Because its true.
No, it really isn't.

Quote:
It doesn't happen every time but there is a vilification of white people and as 75% of the voting population, they are starting to notice.
No, there really isn't. There's a vilification of whiny assholes, and a tendency of whiny assholes to ascribe that vilification to their race rather than the fact that they're whiny assholes, but that doesn't make it true. It's the same way homophobes claim that when people call them out for their homophobia they're really being persecuted for their faith - it's just deflection.

Quote:
Crit race theory terms like "white fragility" do more harm than good. You can convey the thoughts and ideas in a way that are easier to understand and digest if you pick less offensive words. Or you can keep electing Donald Trump. I'm sure he is grateful for your efforts.
Which "less offensive words" do you suggest will magically stop fragile white people from voting for Trump?

Oh, and by the way:
Quote:
Logic and reason are not the most important in YOUR toolbox because you have found that you can win arguments with accusations of racism and bigotry.
If that's an accusation you want to level, you might want to re-read your own posts. Because this whole "The Democrats are picking on white people" thing is exactly the type of argument you're claiming to be against.