View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorhinge View Post
Personally, I believe that climate change is occurring (regardless of your misrepresentation of my position).
How is my description of your position a "misrepresentation" of what you actually said in the quote that I linked to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorhinge, 09-01-2015
Global warming has been happening since the last ice age. The sun warms the planet's surface and the molten core warms the rest. Blaming man-made CO2, as opposed to naturally occurring CO2, for global warming should have made it easier to control manufacturing thru carbon taxes, but that scam failed.
Are you saying that since posting those remarks you have altered your position and now believe that anthropogenic global warming of recent origin, as described by climate scientists, is real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorhinge
How will you explain to future generation why you were unable to CONVINCE enough people/voters to support your position?
By telling them the truth: namely, that there were a lot of powerful and influential entities such as fossil-fuel companies who had a strong financial interest in spreading disinformation and encouraging confusion about the deleterious effects of fossil-fuel use. And that there were a great many gullible and poorly-informed individuals with inadequate understanding of climate science who thought it made them look sophisticated and smart to disbelieve the findings of climate scientists.

These gullible individuals eagerly latched on to various disinformation gambits promoted by the professional science deniers, such as claims that observed global warming is merely part of a long-term natural cycle, or that it was just a ploy in some shady scam. They lazily abdicated their civic and intellectual responsibility to inform themselves of the facts, instead whining that it was somehow the responsibility of better-informed people to CONVINCE them of what they didn't want to believe, even as they steadfastly refused to listen to scientific explanations and rational arguments on the subject.

Last edited by Kimstu; 10-23-2018 at 09:46 PM.