View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 04:20 PM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGObuster View Post
:sigh: already shown that the loonies do not have the support that the contrarian propaganda is telling you. Also: there is a lot of right wing propaganda to once again blame environmentalists for what is the fault or the good of the market as shown already in post #19.

It is not strange to me that the contrarian sources (that are controlling the right wing right now) also blame things like banning DDT or closing coal mines to environmentalists when it was for other reasons why those items did or are falling from grace.
So, you are saying that it's the market that is the reason why nuclear power isn't thriving but dying on the vine. That's true enough, in the same way that the failure of the efforts to substantially halt CO2 emissions is the market. Basically, the well has been so poisoned at this point that you are correct...the majority of the public isn't going to go for it, and in fact several countries are cutting their nuclear even faster than we are. And we aren't curbing CO2 emissions in any meaningful way beyond what we would naturally be doing because of market forces which are driving battery powered cars, solar, wind and other green (and a switch from coal to natural gas) at the current pace. I'm guessing that you are less forgiving of the fact that the REASON for those market forces on the CO2 side being what they are then your post #19 suggests you are concerning the reasons why nuclear is where it's at, however...right? I know you are on record as a supporter of nuclear, btw, but you still want to say it's the market wrt nuclear and just shrug that off while I know you rail about right wing deniers distorting the market wrt CO2 and climate change. To me, they are pretty similar, though I would agree that the deniers are going to be seen by history as a worse problem. The fact that, now, today, most of the really rabid green anti-nuclear stuff has died down, or faded into the background is because they won...it's over, there isn't any reason for them to be as rabid anymore. They managed to shift the narrative and the discussion so far that now it's about how quickly we'll be closing down plants from the grid, since they don't need to stop new plants from being made, as the only places making them don't give a shit about their views.

That's what happens when you let rednecks play with anti-matter!