View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
Maybe I don't understand your question. Having a militia is in service of the security of a free State. The right to keep and bear arms is so we can have a militia.

TRtKaBA is, according to the Constitution, a necessary pre-condition for a well-regulated militia. If the militia isn't acting to secure a free state, then it should be fixed so it does. But, again according to the Constitution, it can't be fixed by infringing on tRtKaBA.
In what way does the current armed populace (a well-regulated militia, according to the Const. and you) function in service of the free State? What efforts have been made to maintain it regulation and readiness since the inception of the TRtKaBA? What steps are being considered by its supporters to fix and maintain it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
Maybe you don't agree. That's fine, but then according to the Constitution, you're wrong. TRtKaBA is necessary by definition. You need to convince a large majority that you are right and the Constitution is wrong. That can happen - slavery is an example of how people figured out the Constitution was wrong, and fixed it. But the Constitution is the supreme law of the land. You don't get to say it's wrong all by yourself, or even with a lot of other people. You need enough other people to amend the Constitution.

Regards,
Shodan
I hope to see TRtKaBA significantly restricted or abolished in my lifetime. Seems the numbers of people who agree with that position are growing in size and vigor.