View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 06:30 PM

Yeah, you’re still dodging the question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenching Spanners View Post
Here’s the question again:
What is the liberal position on taxing unrealised wealth? Are you in favour of it, or against it?
Is this your answer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGObuster View Post
There are other ways to do what amounts to a wealth tax that I'm in favor of, loopholes for the extra wealth and other items need to be taken care of while a more targeted wealth tax is implemented.
So you think that unrealised capital gains should be passed down through inheritance, and you’re in favour of closing unfair tax loopholes? Is that the liberal position on taxing unrealised wealth? Because that sounds pretty mild. But hey, if you’re backing a centrist position, that sounds alright to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGObuster View Post
Not my problem that you grab that meme and demonstrate to others that you miss what that meme is about.
Is the meme, the “element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means” a reference to unrealised capital gains, or to stinky garbage-smelling cat’s breath? I’d be astonished if it was the former. Given the nature of the Internet, the latter wouldn’t surprise me, but Google doesn’t recognise it as a meme.

Last edited by Wrenching Spanners; 09-04-2019 at 06:32 PM.