View Single Post
Old 09-08-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
Touché. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you posted it with sufficient thought and appreciation for how that cuts both ways.
I can appreciate that in theory. But in reality I have spent a few decades reading everything available on both sides of the argument and am very familiar with every aspect of the anti-gun position and every nuance of their arguments and I have witnessed the ever shrinking sophistication of the anti-gun argument.

My arguments against the ever stupider anti-gun positions remain the same they have been since the mid '90's, they are wrong for a reason and I still like to show WHY they are wrong . . . Don't think that I think that I will ever change THAT person's mind; I post for the lurkers. Look at the page views of any gun thread, they are always among the higher # of views. There are a lot of people interested in the topic and looking for honest debate and supported info. So, I post for them which is why I post the way I do, exact quoting and dismantlement of the other's statements.

Back in the '90's and early 2000's, both sides would present arguments like I present now, It was incredible and entertaining and informative. I started back on USENET in 1993 in talk.politics.guns; there were thousands of messages a day posted, hundreds of threads, all on law and policy and all the law was on the anti-gun side (the aforementioned "militia right" and "state's right" lower federal court opinions) until Emerson in 2001.

Nowadays, I search high and low (I'm registered on about 25 political boards) to enjoy again that supported debate but it is harder and harder to find. I do tire of being told I'm an uncaring monster, eager to step over the bodies of kindergartners just to rub my penis substitute. Those "arguments" get old quick

Last edited by Abatis; 09-08-2019 at 02:55 PM.