View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 12:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigtwo View Post
I've varied between 6-9 hours of sleep and even at 9 I wake up pretty tired. Although significantly less tired than 6 hours. It seems like up to about 7 and a half hours there are very significant diminishing returns on more sleep.

I should mention that given 10 hours of sleep I wake up fine with just some grogginess. So I can wake up nicely but 10 hours is a little excessive.
The amount of sleep required by individual to individual varies a fair bit. Normally I'd be concerned about the quality of your sleep. Having a sleep test might be well worth it to see if you're suffering from sleep apnea. You needn't be overweight to have apnea( though it mostly occurs in folks carrying some extra poundage )and the apnea need not be severe. Even moderate apnea might cause some issues if you combine it with not enough sleep in general.

But the other possibility is you just might be one of those people who requires more sleep to function well and requiring 10 hours is within that reasonably normal window. Or in other words ten hours might not be excessive at all - it might just be what you require. If you actually can sleep ten hours( I cannot without exhaustion or drugs ), try doing it for a week and see how you feel at the end of that period. If you're feeling happy and refreshed, it might just be what you have to try and budget for time-wise.

Last edited by Tamerlane; 09-10-2019 at 12:05 PM.