View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isosleepy View Post
That argument cannot convincingly be made... to *you*. Because you lack something that most of the rest of us have, something that makes us fully human. You literally cannot understand the argument. For different reasons there are other arguments you have clear trouble tracking, considering and understanding. I used to feel sorry for you. Your life cannot be an easy one, both from what we can see of you, and how what and how you are must affect others around you. But it is finally completely clear to me that feeling sorry for you is like feeling sorry for a fire-hydrant for being pissed on by a dog: it is misplaced as the fire-hydrant isnít a person.
Yep, you nailed it. I used to have at least a modicum of sympathy for Sammy, thinking of him as just an immature troubled kid with a regrettable tendency to come across as an ignorant blowhard. No longer. I see now that he's an irredeemable goddam sociopath pretty much by his own admission. It should be no surprise that he's also revealed himself to be a shameless liar as this is just another facet of the same pathology. It probably doesn't bother him in the least that he's almost universally despised on this board -- it goes hand-in-hand with the delusion of superiority which is also part of the pathology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdave View Post
I was a Special Ed student. I literally rode the short bus. I wound up doing OK. I don't think my life has been anything to brag about, but I graduated from high school and a good university with honors, spent two years in a highly selective PhD program (Political Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill), served in the U.S. Army Reserves, including two deployments to the Gulf, and achieved the rank of Staff Sergeant and the position of Platoon Sergeant before being honorably discharged, and now own my own home, am gainfully employed, pay taxes, and so forth. Granted, my job isn't as glamorous or highly paid as a "six figure job at a FAANG firm", but it's honest work, productive work that I think contributes to society, and it's also a job I actually currently have, not one I'm going to "interview for tomorrow".
Well done, and well said. Keep in mind, though, with regard to SamuelA, that you can't believe anything he says, because as noted above, lying is a recognized part of his pathology, and he's already done it several times just in the recent discussion. In fact persistent lying is one of the recognized traits of antisocial personality disorder in the DSM-5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdave View Post
SamuelA, you have expressed a lot of opinions that I think merely reflect ignorance ... You are a truly loathsome human being.
It took some of us a while to reach the same conclusion.