View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerInc View Post
Makes sense (except I didn't get your last sentence).
In the mid 2000s there was a cute show on ABC called Pushing Daisies where the main couple couldn't touch or the lady would immediately die (magic!) and they had all these really quirky and adorable workarounds. So I'm waiting for someone to mass produce some of them.

I don't understand why everyone is assuming children inside are locked up Flowers in the Attic style. Some people don't have yards. Some people live in crappy weather zones. Unsafe neighborhoods. Too young/poorly behaved to be unsupervised. There are lots of factors why a kid isn't outside and hasn't been that much for the last week or two. As people settle in and northern hemisphere weather starts to get nice, it'll be different. We might not be done snowing so just throwing a blanket in the yard and having a picnic isn't really something we're going to be doing probably till May.

And honestly, around here I wish more people kept their kids locked up. They're gathering in large groups about town, going to beaches in other places. Some are adults, but the teens hanging out in my city's square fewer than six feet apart are a terrible idea.