View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
The same people/groups/institutions that have made these kinds of decisions since the founding. Is this a difficult concept to grasp?

How about you take a shot at answering those questions? Do you have an actual position to defend or is this just another of your "just asking questions" waste of time?
I did answer those questions. I'm a bit tired of expressing an opinion which answers your questions in the opinion itself and having you complain that I didn't answer your question, then answer it again to have you complain that I never answer questions.

But, I'll give it a shot.

1) Since the founding, nobody has instituted a population-wide lockdown of healthy people because of the spread of a disease. Not for smallpox, measles, typhoid, for anything. So, no, these decisions were not made by any people/groups/institutions since the founding and I have said so at least two times in this thread. Is that difficult for you to read?

2) I believe that the government does not have the power to suspend constitutional rights based upon a spread of a virus that does not effect the health of the vast majority of people. No I do not. I don't believe that should even be up for a vote. Quarantine sick people, yes. Healthy people, no. Does that answer suffice for you or should I repeat it?