View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by congodwarf View Post
If you know of anyone who is going to college in September, you can help them out by giving them this or this. These are just two of the many microwave items that make life a heck of a lot easier, especially for people with little space and time. Both are very small....
The spaghetti maker allows you to put water and pasta (any kind) in the container and then in the microwave. It requires no stirring or watching. When it's done, you just pop the lid on to strain because the lid has a strainer built in. This makes it easy for a busy student to have a quick, healthy, and inexpensive meal without ever having to leave their dorm or breaking their study concentration! I just bought one of these for my step-dad because their stove doesn't work but he loves pasta. My friend got one at a party and hasn't managed to put it away since she got it because she uses it pretty much every day. You can even use it to make boxed macaroni and cheese!
Heh - we got one, for my son who is indeed going off to college in August. He'll most likely have a small microwave in his room, and this will let him have stuff like ramen etc. there.