View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really Not All That Bright View Post
It's in my to-do list. I have to admit the only reason I'm going to read it is your amusing attempts to shill it here.
Thank you!
And I have no idea what you mean by trying to shill it here...far be it from me to sink to such a level and shamelessly plug the book!

BTW, here is a recent letter I got when attempting to use the success of Fool Proof to get work:

Harvard University
Academic Selection Committee

Sir,

We regret to inform you that your request and application to be a Professor of Literature at Harvard University has been declined.

While we appreciate that your novel, FOOL PROOF (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HSRUYGS) has sold “dozens of copies” and you are currently about a third completed with your follow up novel, FOOL’S GOLD, this by no means gives you the qualifications we are looking for in an ideal candidate.

In answer to your question, Harvard University Professors do not wear black gowns “like in Hogwarts” when teaching. Even if we did hold to that tradition, one would most certainly be required to wear other clothing beneath the gowns.

Furthermore, yes we do intensive background checks on our staff. And although you allude to several misdemeanors that were later dropped from your records, and an acquittal for felony charges, those incidents would indeed have put any serious applicant in jeopardy of being approved for tenure.

Quite honestly, the Committee was appalled at finding over sixty spelling and grammar errors in a cover letter that was under five hundred words. We have seen better letters from Special Needs Students applying for our summer workshops.

The Committee feels you are by no means qualified or competent to fulfill any teaching position without prior counseling by a psychologist and notification of such teaching activity to local police authorities.

We wish you the best in further pursuits, as long as they have nothing to do with education.

Sincerely,
Charles Gainsworth

P.S. We are letting you know that any further contact with me, or anyone else on the Academic Selection Committee, will result in a restraining order.