View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 09:35 PM

In order to avoid my MIL and SILs and BILs and nieces and nephews at a couple of family functions this weekend, including Thanksgiving dinner, and because I need the money, I volunteered to work through half the long weekend. It will be helping good American consumers up their credit limits after they max out their cards. First, I hate consumers. Second, I hate the holiday consumerism they all "need" to be involved in. Third, I would rather not encourage them to dig themselves deeper into debt. On the other hand, my in-laws are all drinkers I used to drink with, and after what passed for training today I really need a drink.

The manager showed screen shots of only half of the screens and is giving the class several days to forget what we learned before we are sat in front of new workstations and the phones are turned on. It seems fairly complex, though I can't be sure, and I pity the first few people who get me because I have only the vaguest idea of what to do. In fifty years of working I have never felt this unprepared, and I've been a hired gun as a temp--taught myself enough AutoCAD to be productive in an unfamiliar industry by reading the manual the night before, FFS.

Well, the pay is so lousy that at least they'll get their money out of me. May need to do Christmas with the family, though.