View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplace57 View Post
I think Trump will support an Infrastructure bill. He campaigned on fixing Infrastructure.

This is the sort of big project that will appeal to Trump's desire for a lasting legacy. He'll have many opportunities to remind everyone what a great job he did. I don't mind stroking his ego, if it means getting our bridges and dams fixed.

It'll employ a lot of people in manufacturing and construction.

I hope stupid political infighting doesn't ruin this opportunity. It's encouraging that the Democratic leadership initiated this proposal.
This post seems to assume that Trump is a rational and coherent politician. I don't know why you'd make that assumption, but I see absolutely no reason to believe that Trump saying X about a tentative agreement with the Democrats has anything to do with the likelihood of Trump actually doing X in terms of an agreement with the Democrats.

In short, he's an irrational, incompetent, dishonorable, and incoherent toddler, and there's no reason that any of us should believe that he as any ability or likelihood to make and execute a reasonable agreement with the other party.

Maybe this agreement will buck the trend and actually go somewhere, but it's a crapshoot and there's no way to predict the behavior of entirely irrational, incoherent, and dishonorable actors like Trump.

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 04-30-2019 at 04:29 PM.