View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 05:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalC View Post
The more I think about the ending the more it hits me that the removal of Aegon is what completely crippled the last few seasons of the show. Starting with the pointlessness of the Dorne plotline all the way to the finale he was exactly what was missing.
This is the meme circulating around the internet like wildfire. I just don't see how that magically fixes the problems with the story here. Adding more complexity would have required like 2-3 more seasons which simply weren't in the cards.

The Golden Company could have been omitted entirely without really changing the ending at all. Just make them Lannisters and conscripted soldiers of the Reach/Stormlands.

Hell, even Euron could have been cut out without really changing anything, that screen time could have given Dany and Jon and Tyrion and Jamie and Cersei the room to actually progress naturally to the choices they made.

To me, all the problems stem from the characters not having enough time to build up to their eventual actions organically. fAegon would have only muddied the waters more not less.