View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 03:50 PM
Sith Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Whether deliberately or unwittingly, I do not know--but there is a tremendous amount of obscuring in this thread between the sin and the sinner. It is true that Jesus would love homosexuals. It is equally true that He would condemn their sin.

Many people in this thread don't seem to understand that Jesus was moralistic and legalistic. "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil" (Matt. 5:17). Many people today focus on God's love to the exclusion of His other attributes. But He is also just and holy; such a God cannot, by His very nature, cannot let sin go unpunished.

Far from showing the "love" that lets things slide without punishment, He tightened the standards of morality. "Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: but I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart" (Matt. 5:27, 28).

To the homosexuals who were ready to repent, and give up their wicked lifestyle, Jesus would say, "Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee" (John 5:14b).

To the "Christian" homosexuals who proudly proclaim and defend their sin, He would say, "Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?" (Matt. 23:33).
Where in the Bible does Jesus describe homosexuality as a wicked lifestyle?