View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 05:54 AM
Charter Member

Heads up on the possible next Stupid Republican Attack of the Day*: grumblings about President Obama's asking for a screening of the new Star Trek movie. So far (as far as I know) the whining has only appeared at RedState (which is a slightly more intelligent brand of stupid, which isn't saying much, because they're all a bunch of loonballs too, but compared to the freepers they're geniuses), and I'm not going to link to RedState, so I'll link to the post at DU that referenced it.

I realize that President Obama is the first president to ever screen movies at the White House (well, other than Woodrow Wilson, Warren Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover, Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman, Dwight Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, and George W. Bush) but really, it's not that big a deal. He is a Star Trek fan, and it's not like he can go down to the local multiplex to catch it without the Secret Service causing a big stir, which would get complained about too. Hey, I saw it, it's a fantastic movie. I can't blame President Obama for wanting to see it too.

*that is, if President Obama's funny and surprisingly pointed barbs made at the White House Correspondents Dinner don't cause a bunch of heads to explode first. By the time his jokes get hashed out and gnashed over (with some vitriol thrown Wanda Sykes' way too), the screening might be forgotten.

Last edited by Equipoise; 05-10-2009 at 05:56 AM.