View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 11:11 AM
Personal is offline
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The Beach
Posts: 2,085
Originally Posted by View Post
Yes, fight it. You should be able to win this easily.

But try to make it as expensive as possible for them (so they don't make any revenue from this). Request that the officer be required to spend part of a day testifying in court. Request a jury trial, so they have to call up a jury for this case. And drag out the case as long as possible, to use up the court time and the salaries of the judge, bailiff, court reporter, etc. And if there are any businesses in that town that you patronize, like gas stations, etc., next time you go in there, mention to the owner that you won't be in any more -- you now take a different route to avoid the tax-generator cops in the town.
I don't know about your jurisdiction, but you aren't entitled to a jury trial for civil infractions in mine.