View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
I'm not sure the Stardust gimmick has legs... Mick Foley could change angles every week and pull it off because he was Mick Foley. Golddust got over because he stepped completely out of Dusty Rhodes's shadow. Cody is essentially copying what Dustin did, so there's nothing new and earth-shattering about it.

Then consider the face team formula: typically, one face works most of the match, getting beat up by the heels until he hot-tags the partner who comes in to save the day. If Cody gets relegated to the fall guy role, his metamorphosis won't seem like it's all that. If he becomes the invincible rescuer, it won't seem genuine because he was always the fall guy before.

Still, WWE needs more tag teams, and Cody + Golddust is better than either as a single career. They will probably be feuding with the Wyatts, especially if Bray's boys win the titles next PPV.

Back when they were The Brotherhood (a GREAT tag team name and gimmick IMO) Goldy was always the one who took the hits and then Cody would come save the day, I can't imagine them switching that role.

I also agree that the WWE needs more tag teams. Even if they are faction type teams (Shield, Evolution, Wyatts) they should have more teams. I like the tag team format the best and I think that it a title that's slowly going away. Keep The Brotherhood as is, Keep the Usos if you need to..hell even bring up The Ascension (a team I've never cared for) just to keep it alive.

Edit: That being said I laughed my ever-loving ass off when Stardust appeared and it was Cody. I don't think the gimmick will last, but hot damn did I love it for the one match

Last edited by Sir T-Cups; 06-19-2014 at 08:37 AM.