View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
And continuing on with our Year of Change, I have now left my small management position at the Bangkok Post newspaper, the largest of Thailand's two English-language dailies.

<snip>

But it's been 22 years since returning to Bangkok after uni in Hawaii, and we feel that's enough. We want to set up again back in our beloved Hawaii.

<snip>

It's shaping up to be a big year for us.
Congrats on all of the changes! Where in Hawai'i are you planning to move? (I'm sure you mentioned this already and I have skipped past it.) We occasionally talk about the Big Island, but the truth is we also like snow, so Hawai'i will probably remain a favorite vacation spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
We adopted Tonka three years ago today. I think he may get some wet food tonight.
Yay Tonka! I remember that he was originally considered quite sickly, but he seems to be doing very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
In the past year, I've completely turned my life around. Legally blind for 30 years with continuously diminishing eyesight, I had given up my passion for traveling, and pretty much stayed home for the past 20 years. Then, a year ago, I finally broke down and started walking with a white cane, which I found to be tremendously liberating. I started to realize that I could do things that I had given up doing, particularly traveling.
Good for you! I hope to be half as adventuresome as you are someday. I'm glad you figured out a way to get back to what you love. I may start a thread on this, to counterpoint the one that's currently up about giving up things you love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sattua View Post
My literary agent has my first novel on submission. She sent me the list of editors and houses--all the Big 5 are there, many of them multiple times, as well as some non-Big-5 heavy hitters. She sold a trilogy from a debut author for a six-figure advance last week, sooo ... here's hoping she can work some magic for me, too.
Yay! Do you mind if I ask which genre? I've got my metaphorical fingers crossed for you.

No news on my side.. Just re-discovered this thread and wanted to acknowledge the latest news.

Last edited by Sunny Daze; 03-24-2016 at 04:43 PM.