View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
Of course. And I am free to characterize those who dispute it in a hateful fashion as hateful and bigoted. If someone thinks that marriage does not include the possibility of interracial unions, or same-sex unions, then they hold a bigoted and hateful view, whether or not they see it that way. If someone doesn't think that trans women are women, then they hold a bigoted and hateful view, regardless of how they see it. Same if someone thinks "human" doesn't include Jews, or black people, etc.

"Woman" and the concept of gender (as opposed to biological sex) in general are sociocultural phenomena, not objective statements. They will never be anything other than how culture sees them, any more than "computer" is what society defines as a computer.

All of this is discussion about how society should treat and view people. Such discussions aren't based on hard and objective facts, any more than discussions about whether gay people should be allowed to be married.
So if I say I am a woman I can now compete as a woman? Just like that? What does feeling like a woman or being a woman actually mean at that point?

Look, if we are going to have discriminatory realms such as sport then we need actual definitions. What’s your definition of a woman?