View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deser2 View Post
I'd find it odd that they'd play it before those bands but your description makes it sound like Workout Plan by Kanye West.
It wasn't Kanye (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua61XY84gGg)

Wow, didn't realize there would be so many, um, songs so similar. I thought it was a one-off, but it looks as if I stumbled on a whole sub-genre :-)

This is so hard... it is so clear in my head, but I don't know how to provide enough distinguish clues. SDMB has never let me down in any of my "ID this" threads. I feel I'm letting you down.

Using this tempo tool the BPM is ~120
The counting part that repeats phrase "1... and Down... 2... and Down... 3... and Down" went on to at least 8 or 10, or maybe even 12. Then other spoken instructions, then "1... and Up... 2... and Up... 3... and Up" again up to 8/10/12.

Each "1.. and Down" was a measure, with "1" on 1 and "Down" on 3. The "and" was a quarter note just before the "Down" At 120 BPM this felt kinda slow. I can't imagine what exercise is happening (I wasn't paying attention to the spoken instruction part). Whatever it was, there was a lot of Downs in a row, then a lot of Ups in a row. I don't think it was up/down...up/down...up/down as some of the songs above have.