View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 06:44 PM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
I believe war is fundamentally different than these other issues.

Why is it fundamentally different? Seems an arbitrary thing that you are just making up to me. Perhaps you can go into some sort of detail that shows that, objectively, it's fundamentally different to support the US in military action than to support it in any of the myriad other things it does at any given time, foreign or domestic. What about quasi military things, such as the War on Trade(tm)? If I support that, does that mean I have to only buy American or I'm an extreme coward?

Quote:
This appears to make a lot of assumptions that are either absent from my OP or even in direct conflict. IMO your points don't actually challenge anything I said, aside from your quibble with calling someone a coward.
Seems like a logical progression to me. You are saying that anyone who isn't in the military or isn't going off to join right away shouldn't be able to support the government in a military action. In fact, you go the next step and say that if they don't, they are a coward. What's the assumption that's absent from your OP??

That's what happens when you let rednecks play with anti-matter!

Last edited by XT; 05-20-2019 at 06:45 PM.