View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ManyTacos View Post
Re: the last sentence of your first paragraph, the problem with age requirements as they are today is that there's presently no law or requirement that men below the age of 45 or whatever cannot get vasectomies; it's more of an operational norm rather than a legal prohibition for docs to deny them to men of a certain age out of concern that such men are 'too young' or likely to change their tune at some inordinate point in the future.

My idea is to just jettison that practice and make it mandatory for docs to provide vasectomies to any willing men above 16+ years old. In a world where abortion is either incredibly restricted or outlawed outright, then this might make that sort of nightmarish environment at least somewhat tolerable.
I should have said guidelines, not requirements.
I'm not terribly in favor of 17 year olds getting vasectomies no questions asked. We're pretty stupid at that age. I was. We really need a pill for men.
But I don't think it would help the abortion situation at all. Men who would get vasectomies are not the men who oppress women, for the most part.