View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotheringay-Phipps View Post
You have a very strong tendency to to look at things through a racial lens. But you need to appreciate that not everyone else does.
Most people that I've spoken to who have expressed a belief that black people (or Jews, or Mexicans, or some other ethnic/racial/etc. group) are inferior in some way (this is just an example -- I'm not aware of HD saying anything like this directly) don't actually believe they are racist, and are aghast if/when anyone says that anything they've said or done is racist. Sympathizing with/supporting a white supremacist mass murderer is "looking at things through a racial lens", whether one realizes it or not.

It's possible that HD is just trolling, and it's probably even possible that his sympathy for the motives and actions of a white supremacist mass murderer like McVeigh is unrelated to white supremacism, but the latter strikes me as unlikely enough to put into that little basket of things that are not really worth considering without really strong evidence.

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 01-11-2018 at 11:07 AM.