View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearsen1 View Post
Can I also pick the most abused case and make it my standard to discuss?
I said nothing about I, or me at all. That is YOU, assigning guilt instead of reading what was written. We were discussing how personal responsibility was not bigoted and YOU started talking about specifics? Why?

To answer the question more directly, SNAP, any social safety net at all is perfectly fine with me but there are plenty of cases out there where personal responsibility should be a bigger value on those we are helping. Temporary assistance is great, for all the cases, even the ones you would care to define. So maybe you don't strip kids from parents who just temporarily lost their job. What about parents who haven't worked for a year 0r 2 or 5 years? What about abusive parents?
Because political philosophy is fine to discuss, but what really matters is the real world and the actual affects these philosophies have on real people. If specifics make your philosophical argument look bad, then that's not the fault of the one pointing it out.