View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 03:23 PM
Extrajudicial
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDibble View Post
"You don't care about finding facts" is a moddable personal insult now, on a par with "you're stupid" and "you're a liar"? Fuck that noise.
If we were to compare "you don't care about finding facts" with "you're stupid", then certainly the latter is more severe. But the former is still moddable as it is personalization and not argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDibble View Post
By their own words, yes, apparently it is. It wasn't for "this instance" of it, it was for "this type"
To clarify, my instruction was to prohibit the tactic as a way of insulting other posters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing Fish View Post
But as long as you’re a Trump supporter, you’re allowed to say “Nuke Mecca!” and not get so much as a warning. Nope, no double standard here!
There's a few factors at play here:
  • I indicated in the thread that I made the post in, but I will reiterate here. Comments about moderation belong in ATMB. Do not continue to make snide remarks about moderation within the threads in the various forums.
  • As I indicated in the post you took exception to, I missed the initial thread report. It was reported on a Friday afternoon, and looking at my calendar I was out of the office that afternoon. I did look at reports and was on the boards that weekend, however clearly I missed it. That was a mistake on my part. If I had seen it initially, I would have moderated it at that time.
  • In addition, our email alerts for post reports has been wonky for about the past year. As a result, we often get post reports delayed, sometimes up to more than a day. Sometimes they come out of order, etc. I searched my email alerts and this one was not ever sent. I typically manually go through all the thread reports when I am on the board, but I do so less from my phone which I tend to read from on the weekends.
  • We tend to avoid issuing warnings for stale posts, and that practice holds here.
  • We also tend to avoid issuing warnings for brand new posters. They may be unfamiliar with the rules, so typically I recommend to them they read the rules, etc.
  • We were already in discussion about that particular poster and I didn't see the need to issue warnings if they were ultimately going to be banned anyways, which they now have. I quoted it in the note because I wanted to highlight that that type of comment wasn't acceptable.