View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjeff View Post
Got a cite for that, or any good search terms? Thanks!
Quote:
Referring to a San Bernardino, California, ACORN employee whose claim that she killed her husband was recorded by actors posing as a prostitute and pimp, Fox & Friends co-host Gretchen Carlson asked, "She killed somebody?" adding, "Despite this, some lawmakers want to keep funding the group." However, the San Bernardino Police Department investigated the matter and concluded that the claims made by Tresa Kaelke -- the ACORN staffer in question who said she fabricated the story because the actors filming her "were clearly playing with me" -- "do not appear to be factual," and that her "known former husbands" are "alive and well."
Quote:
Kaelke said she decided to tell actors "outrageous things with a straightface." According to an ACORN press release, Kaelke stated of the actors who filmed her, "They were not believable. ... Somewhat entertaining, but they weren't evengood actors. I didn't know what to make of them. They were clearly playing with me. I decided to shock them asmuch as they were shocking me. Like Stephan Colbert does -- saying the most outrageous things with a straightface." The press release also stated: "When the actors approached Ms. Kaelke with their provocative costuming and outlandish scenario, she could not take them seriously. So she met their outrageousness with her own personal style of outrageousness. She matched their false scenario with her own false scenarios."
The selective and out of context follows logically from the lack of follow ups or clarifications, IIRC most of the tapes were released, but it is clear that there is a lot that O'keefe and his gang "forgot" to tape.

IMHO this final release of the ACORN affair, besides putting a huge discredited vibe to what O'Keefe did, showed to me that it was very likely that other people reacted similarly to the "reporter" that came to ask for "advise" in other ACORN locations; unfortunately, other staffers were not clever enough to ad poison pills to their revelations like Ms. Kaelke did.

Last edited by GIGObuster; 10-09-2012 at 05:56 PM.