View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 10:15 AM

I have two daughters aged 4 and 1. We knew the sex of both from as early a stage in the pregnancy as possible; neither my wife nor I are the type who couldn't know and plan accordingly. :-D We did not have a gender reveal party for either.

Personally, I have no problem with them. For expecting parents, especially 1st timers, it can be a pretty exciting time for both the parents and their family and friends. Of course every expecting parent is asked "Do you know if its a boy or a girl?" about a hundred times over the term of the pregnancy. I don't hold having a "gender reveal party" against a parent - it's just another fun way to celebrate a momentous occasion in their life with friends and family.

I can absolutely sympathize with the OP and the situation, it sounds like a recipe for disaster in terms of his great niece. It can be very hard to celebrate a pregnancy when it seems apparent to others this is a bad mistake.