View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 09:29 AM

Last night's experience: I went to bed about 11:30 and fell asleep quickly, helped by the fact that I'd only had 3-ish hours of sleep the night before, and a Headspace dialogue that had me counting backwards from 10,000. (I got to 9,951-- I think.) The weight felt good. I was afraid it might feel oppressive, but it didn't.

I woke up overheated at 12:45. This is pretty common. I rarely stay under the covers all night, even light covers. The weighted blanket multiplied the overheating effect. I keep the temp in the house at 77-ish (see related thread), because if I set it any lower, my body really heats up and I wake up all sweaty. This estrogen-blocking drug that I've been taking post-breast cancer has completely messed up my internal thermostat--I'm always having a hot flash or on the verge of one. I'm in and out of the covers all night. I'm sure no human being will ever want to share my bed again with all the tossing, turning, flapping of covers, etc.

Anyhoo, I moved the weighted blanket aside and slept the rest of the night with no covers. Sigh.

I may need to reserve it for naps. I come off this drug in nine months. Hope I start feeling normal again after that.

Do continue y'all's* stories. I'm enjoying them a lot.

* That IS a real word.