View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
I spent some time at one of the nicer assisted living facilities up here. You buy your residence and then you pay a monthly fee for services. It's staggering only if you don't know what a regular nursing home costs per month. In this one, a 2BR 2 bath in independent living was $3500 a month or so, the highest it gets. They have a huge number of residents and a massive philanthropy fund, meaning even if residents do deplete their assets over time, even when moved to nursing care if that is needed, that's their home and they stay there throughout. That's not all that shocking I guess for a decent organization, but I had no idea.

Now in retrospect, all the residents from faraway states make more sense to me.
At the facility physically closest to me they have a small subdivision that is exactly that. In the main building, the ground floor apts are smallish but each has an exterior door so you don't have tto go in and out the main building doors if you don't want to. 2nd floor apts are a little bigger, and 3rd and forth floors apts are around 1100 sqft. 5th floor has 5 apts 2200 sqft each. Those are the truly luxury apts. I don't recall what tthe cost was for those but I do know its around or above 10,000/month. This facility just finished building a full gym complete with dry hot room (sauna?) Steamy hot room, hot tub and jacuzzi and I believe I was told they are going to start building the indoor swimming pool this year.

Last edited by DorkVader; 05-15-2019 at 01:41 AM.