View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 12:04 PM

I too worry about the whole demo cycle here.

They should NOT have been so focused on releasing these piecemeal modules. All they've done is exacerbate the image of the game as "incomplete".

Aside from this possible issue, I think the main problem is an image one. Because it's a crowd sourced game there's been a huge need to be transparent about development, but maybe the process has become too transparent.

Every arm-chair developer out there can complain and nitpick the process and the current level of progress to death. Imagine if we had this level of insight into... well just about ANY AAA game out there?

We've had people like Ken Levine (Bioshock) and many others come out and say, that games are sometimes utter, disastrous messes until mere months before release. But the masses don't understand that, and they don't understand how long it takes to make a game of this scale, nor how much money is required.

I think there's also a weird backlash from the mainstream against a company and a game that didn't go through the "Regular" publisher channels - couple it with it's no minced words about it: this is a PC game through and through, and the whole thing appears to rub some people the wrong way.

Last edited by Kinthalis; 10-13-2015 at 12:09 PM.