View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaftPeople View Post
Counter examples:
1 - Neighbor called the police due to 4 suspicious looking individuals, they broke into the other neighbors house before the police arrived

2 - I spotted some suspicious looking guys walking down the street as I drove past a neighbors house to work. I turned around at the next street and came back to catch them stealing neighbors bike.

3 - Neighbor (older woman) hired a handy man to work on house and my wife and I picked up some odd signals that were tough to identify, something felt off with this person, like manipulative, too friendly, and some other things. We called neighbor's daughter and mentioned our concerns that he seemed really "suspicious" and to watch out for her stuff. A few days later the cops were at the house, the guy had stolen her car, jewelry and a bunch of tools from the garage.

Ignoring data is not smart. Sure you need to try not to let bias and bigotry influence the process, but that doesn't mean you ignore all data until someone commits a crime.

fyi: all people in above examples were white, race is not automatically the issue in all cases, but I do have black friends and they tell me about how often they get pulled over, so I get there is a lot of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heffalump and Roo View Post
Along with RaftPeople's examples, I have a bunch of my own.

A neighbor sees someone shining a flashlight into someone's window. Stopping to ask why they're doing that seems more reasonable than watching them continue or waiting to see if he really does break in.

A neighbor sees someone sitting out in the street, talking to someone on the phone. They don't go in a house. They just sit there, for an hour or more. They get up to go toward an empty house every once in a while.

A neighbor sees someone coming out of someone's yard. They are unfamiliar with them and don't see their neighbor that they are familiar with, at the house.

You're saying that the only option available is to call the police when asking might clarify what's going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
Zimmerman called the non-emergency police dispatcher immediately upon spotting Martin acting (in his opinion) suspiciously. And it was while Zimmerman was trying to find a house number or street address so that he could meet up with the police, who were on their way, when Martin confronted and attacked him.Same for Zimmerman. Which is why he did what he did.

Regards,
Shodan
Your whole "Martin doubled back because the dirty black man lusted for white blood" narrative has been debunkeed like 50 time now. Please stop, you're embarrassing yourself.