View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDitka View Post
Nope. I can't find anything in there that would support the claim "No civilian has any legitimate use for an automatic or semi-automatic rifle. That's much more firepower than you'll ever need for home defense..."
Looking at the timestamp on that post, you saw my post, then read that entire detailed and comprehensive article, and composed and posted your reply -- all in less than five minutes. The thoroughness with which you analyze challenges to your preconceived notions is ... less than impressive. Perhaps this is why you -- and so many American gun supporters -- can't see things that are glaringly obvious to the rest of the world.

I'm not going to participate further in this thread, but let me just say that if the Founders could have anticipated the future, if they could have foreseen the Second Amendment quickly degenerating into irrelevant obsolescence, while its unintended consequences gradually mutated into a curse of violence on the whole nation -- literally an epidemic that is widely studied as a compelling subject in epidemiology -- they would have recognized it as the single biggest mistake they ever made.