View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 06:42 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by steronz View Post
Yeesh, it was in direct response to your question.
Yeesh there have been a lot of replies on a lot of different threads. I can't keep up with all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steronz
It depends. I've said in other threads that if I were legitimately concerned about a home invasion, I would fortify my house. I'd install a heavy metal door at the top of the stairs, which I would deadbolt every night, and have a hard line with which to call 911. If someone broke into the house, I would hunker down in my fortress and wait for the cavalry.
I have a single floor home. Double doors to my bedroom and two windows to the outside. I suppose it could be made into a fortress but I don't think it economically feasible and probably not so good for resale value. I did install motion sensor lights outside the house. A problem with my home invasion was visibility in the dark so my bedside gun is now a Remington 870 with a Surefire forearm light attached in addition to my handguns. I don't have any kids and my SO and I have a good relationship. I don't plan to shoot her and I don't expect her to shoot me.

I think a couple loud dogs would be a great deterrent but unfortunately I don't have the time to take care of them.