View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by begbert2 View Post
It's clear that Trump was emboldened by the fact that Mueller's report didn't immediately flip the republicans over to an impeachment position. However I'm not convinced that Mueller attempting to get an in-person interview with Trump would have effected that, or that there was any different way that Mueller could have presented himself and his report to get the party of traitors to stop supporting the guy they already knew was a criminal going in.

Of course, since we're talking about speculative alternate universes here, I don't think it can be proved either way. Perhaps if Mueller had cussed a bunch Trump would have been impeached by sundown. Who knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
You keep trying to draw some drop-dead nexus between one thing and the other, and it's complete bullshit as if Trump was emboldened on July 25, 2019, and not beforehand.

...<snip>...

It's also painfully obvious you have no idea how the whole subpoena thing would have gone. Mueller would have wasted literally years trying to obtain testimony that would never have consisted of more than, "I assert my rights under the Fifth Amendment." I'm sure you'd have been the first one whining if Mueller had in fact pursued Trump's (non) testimony and not submitted his report until, oh, May 2021.
Correct. Times two.