View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 08:59 PM

kaylasdad99, you're right and I suppose I was too quick to condemn Duggar. HOWEVER, I still feel that he seems more concerned about his own image (his comment about ruining his own life, for example.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricker View Post
Yes, but that doesn't seem to address sexual assault, which is not about sex but about power. Right?
Look Bricker, you're a devout Catholic, as you've stated here. Thus, I think it's safe to assume that you accept the church's teachings on the Immaculate Conception of Mary (the doctrine that Mary was born without Original Sin), correct? In fact, I'd go so far as to say one shouldn't need to ask for a site that most devout Catholic accept this, since it's a major part of the Catholic faith.

Well, one of the major teachings of the Gothard sect is that women are supposed to dress modestly, lest they lead men astray. That the way women dress can indeed incite a man to lust after her, and thus if it happens, she is partly responsible for it. The Duggars follow Gothard's teachings. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume they believe this. They're wrong, and it's a disgusting concept, but that's what they believe.