View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 02:38 AM

I recall another movie starring TLJ. It also starred Cate Blanchett.

The Missing (2003)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338188/...nm_flmg_act_19

This film was rated 6.5 by IMDB. It seems to me that it was a very good fit for TLJ. He just seems to be a natural for these kinds of settings.

In The Missing, he played the father of Cate Blanchett in 1885 New Mexico.

In The Homesman, TLJ plays in a similar era. It's around 1885 again and he plays a similar kind of character in the Western USA.

Both films are rated very closely together. The Missing is rated 6.5 while The Homesman is rated 6.6.

It seems to me the biggest difference between these two films is Hilary Swank.

Cate Blanchett is one of the very best actresses working today. So, that speaks to me as to the quality of Hilary Swank. I've always thought she is a great actress.

So far, The Homesman looks like it will be a truly excellent film. I still haven't finished it. But I've watched about a quarter of the movie and it just keeps getting better and better.

At this stage, it seems to me to be a much better film than The Missing. As far as I can tell, the biggest diff between the two films is Hilary Swank. She is just such a powerful actor, I just love her work. The first scene she plays with TLJ is just a powerhouse display of her ability as an actor.

I feel strongly compelled to get back to the film now. It seems to me that it's becoming a most excellent film.

Last edited by Charlie Wayne; 12-12-2014 at 02:39 AM.