View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Sabbath View Post
It's amazing what five minutes with a flat file will do to stop crude metal edges from cutting your hand open. Now, I'm a little dubious about my high E. Apparently, holding the first fret down gives me an E#, according to my tuner.

... I'm gonna restring the whole thing, see if that fixes things any. I've noticed the B-string I just put in is much easier to deal with than that E-string. The E-string is about the tension of a cheese-cutter.
It sounds like you need to set your intonation (the distance between the bridge saddle and the nut) for all the strings when you restring it. On all the strings, one at a time, check the fretted note at the 12th fret with the 12th fret harmonic. If the fretted note is sharp compared to the harmonic, move the saddle back a bit - towards the rear end of the guitar. If the fretted note is flat compared to the harmonic, move the saddle toward the nut. On most strat type guitars, each bridge saddle is adjusted by a corresponding small philips head screw on the backside of the bridge...

Anyway, I'm happy where I'm at guitar-wise - both playing and owning. I'm mostly concentrating on getting Ghost Town Guitars, my luthier business, off the ground. So most of the time, I'm building guitars, not playing them...

Last edited by BigShooter; 02-02-2010 at 01:07 PM.