View Single Post
Old 10-30-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgoddess View Post
Yeah, I can't follow the declaration that Trump knew about Papadopoulos on March 31.
I don't have time to dig through the current threads, but Seth Abramson has posted a bunch of these long threads backed up with publicly known reporting. I believe his assuredness on Trump knowing on 3/31 has to do w/ the meeting that Papa was at, where he told Trump and team that he had connections to Russia.

This article has info on that meeting date. Here:
Quote:
But the Papadopoulos plea shows that Sessions — then acting as Trump’s top foreign policy adviser — was in a March 31, 2016, meeting with Trump at which Papadopoulos explained “he had connections that could help arrange a meeting between then-candidate Trump and President Putin.” It also shows that Papadopoulos kept a number of campaign officials in the loop on his efforts to set up a meeting between Trump and Putin, though they secretly determined that the meeting “should be someone low level in the campaign so as not to send any signal,” itself a sign the campaign was trying to hide its efforts to make nice with the Russians.

Last edited by GrandWino; 10-30-2017 at 06:03 PM.