View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
That is the historical reality, and the Zionists have been trying to sell people around the world on this notion that Zionism was just a bunch of European Jews trying to escape pogroms who then ended up harmlessly and quietly settling in completely abandoned and uninhabited areas and were then inexplicably hated as settlers because they're Jewish, and that is nothing but simplistic, falsified history.
This is bullshit. The vast majority of Zionists that I know recognize the reality that many people were harmed during the creation and early history of Isreal, and that it was not an "abandoned and uninhabited area". In fact, I'm not sure if I know a single Zionist who believes this.

Quote:
Yes, many of them were escaping horrific antisemitism in Europe - no denying that. But all along, they intended to mass migrate and create a new state and new culture - the feelings of its existing inhabitants be damned.
This is also bullshit. The Jews escaping Europe were looking for a safe place to live. That's it. And they had very good reason to believe that the only possibility of a safe place to live was to create their own country. Why on Earth would they believe, after the Holocaust in Europe, America's indifference during the Holocaust and continuing white supremacism, and the rest of the world's pretty much open hostility to Jews, that they would be safe anywhere else?

So they went to where Jews escaping pogroms and oppression had been fleeing to for decades -- the land that would become Israel.

This doesn't excuse everything that was done in the creation and early history of Israel, but this is the history. The Jews who went to that land before, during, and after the Holocaust were a truly desperate people. And truly desperate people will sometimes do truly desperate things to survive and ensure their safety. That doesn't justify everything done, but it's still an accurate characterization.

You are lumping in all Zionists with a specific racist slice of Zionism. And this provides rhetorical aid and comfort to anti-semites, whatever your intentions.

Last edited by iiandyiiii; 03-13-2019 at 08:20 AM.