View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
An orange douchebag, of which you approve, you mean.
The job he has done, yes. The man himself, no.

Quote:
Are you denying the existence of property taxes and gasoline taxes here? I can cite them if you really do not believe in them, but I hope that that is not also something that you have missed.
Of course not. You said the money for these things comes from sales and property taxes, not income tax. Federal funds derived from income tax also contribute to roads and schools.

Quote:
You specifically said things you were in favor of, I simply pointed out the actual, real life consequences of those things. That's not a strawman, that is, well, taking responsibility for your actions. Something relevant to this thread in that this is yet another way that conservatives wish to avoid responsibility for their actions.
If you say you like grapes, I can say that they require pesticide which is killing children in Costa Rica, you must like killing children.

Seems childish to me, but if you wish to make that sort of argument, go ahead.

Quote:
If you advocate for lower taxes, are you not responsible for ballooning deficits?
No. The former does not require the latter. You can have low tax and fiscally responsible spending.

Quote:
If you advocate for an aggressive foreign policy,are you not responsible for the wars that it causes?
No. The former does not require the latter. You can speak softly and carry a big stick, be a deterrent, have a small war to head off a larger one, etc etc.

Quote:
If you advocate for a zero tolerance border policy, are you not responsible for the humanitarian crisis it causes?
No. The former does not require the latter. The humanitarian crisis at the border exists because we have a porous border. I would in fact argue the exact opposite. Our lax border policy creates the crisis. The law if incentives suggest this is true. People tend to not flock to fish in ponds that are devoid of fish.

Last edited by Scylla; 07-25-2019 at 05:09 PM.