View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 12:09 AM

More about Unbroken.

I'm sorry to tell you all that I loved the first five miinutes of Unbroken but was very disappointed with the rest. Perhaps I should not ever discuss a film until I have finished watching the whole thing.

The first five minutes were fantastic. But then it was all downhill from there. For the most part, the film was just a traumatic tale of evil after that.

SPOILER:

He gets captured and put into a prison camp where one guard beats him savegely and relentlessly.
The end of the film co-incides with the end of the war and I was expecting some kind of redemption or some kind of payment to be made by that guard.
But there was almost nothing. In the last one minute of the film, we are told that he learns that hatred will just destroy him and so he had to forgive this guard in order for him to have a good life.
What a bunch of hooey.

There is a very much better film called The Railyway Man starring Colin Firth and Nicole Kidman.
You won't recognize Nicole Kidman but this film is miles ahead of Unbroken.
I wish I could make a "raspberry sound" on this board. That is where you stick your tongue out at someone and then blow making a funny kind of sound which is an insult.
I would give Angelina a big raspberry. I would also give her a FAIL on this movie. Compared to The Railyway Man, this one sucks big time.

I'm so disappointed!

The Railway Man (2013)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2058107/

Last edited by Charlie Wayne; 01-13-2015 at 12:10 AM.