View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
Here's the thing: If Trump actually opposes the John Boltons within his administration and is part of brokering an actual peace agreement, and if he's able to overcome the objections of militarists within the government and if he can get Congress to support him...then yes, I will give the man his due. It might feel like I'm cutting off my right testicle, but I'll give Trump credit if he can actually be an innovator when it comes to US foreign policy. That also means, however, that Kim has to hold up his end of the bargain and he has to be prepared in case he doesn't. This looks easy now; it won't be easy, and that will be revealed in time.
Here's the thing, NK will not denuclearize anytime soon. Everybody that knows anything knows that. Trump needs a win on a pretty tight time frame and the biggest component of any such possible "win" is actually pretty obvious. He's going to "throw SK under the bus" by forcing them to pay and/or provide for their own defense, with some U.S. troops stationed there coming home immediately upon the announcement for show. It's something he and KJU both already want and can call a win. Throw something in about nuclear tests and missile ranges. Done deal.